Failte | Welcome | Willkommen | Bienvenue | Bienvenido
Skip Navigation Links
Home
About Us
Services
Location
Gallery
Tourism
Contact us
location

About Us

Greenore Port was opened in 1873 by the London and North Western Railway to provide a UK ferry link to their rail network with the service continuing up until the 1950s when both the ferry and railway connection ceased operation. In 1963 Greenore became the first port in the Republic of Ireland to handle containerised traffic and then during the 1980s when container traffic started to move to the larger developing ports of Dublin and Cork, the Port began handling large volumes of bulk cargoes as well as playing a vital role in the export of live cattle and frozen beef to the Middle East during the 1980s and 1990s. Today the main commodities handled at the Port are bulk animal feed, fertiliser, coal, steel, timber and general cargo.



Operated by Greenore Port Ltd, the Port is renowned for its personalised service to customers and no fuss approach in adapting to specific requirements.



There are two berths - the outer berth, which accommodates vessels up to 185m, is serviced by a mobile Liebherr LHM 320 and the inner berth, which accommodates vessels up to 110m, is serviced mainly by a Liebherr gantry crane.



All the Port's agency and stevedore inquiries are handled by Carlingford Lough Shipping Agency Ltd.



Pilotage is compulsory (Carlingford Lough pilots licenced by the Carlingford Lough Commissioners - Channel 12 or 16).











Home | About Us | Services | Location | Gallery | Tourism | Contact us
Copyright © Greenore 2017